Frequently Asked Questions
When you join BIA of the Greater Valley, you automatically become a member of the California Building Industry Association (CBIA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), a 3-in-1 membership. Your Local, State, and National memberships provide you many valuable benefits and services, including:
- Advertising/Marketing – Our members do business with members. Expand your business; network at meetings and events by showcasing your company. Inclusion in the BIA of the Greater Valley is truly the “Yellow Pages” of the industry.
- Advocacy – We give you a stronger voice by representing your interests at the Local, State, and National levels of government. Our lobbyists work year-round in Washington D. C., Sacramento and your community to promote the home building industry and to protect your livelihood.
- Business Savings – Get the Member’s Advantage discount from your Local, State and National associations on insurance programs and other business services.
- Education – Keep informed about legal and regulatory compliance issues that set you apart from the competition with our seminars, professional designation programs, tradeshows, educational sessions and informative meetings.
- Expert Knowledge – Take advantage of product research, building code information, economic data, with access to topics relating to the building industry. Make our team your team.
- Industry News – Local, State and National industry publications will keep you up to date on legislative issues, events, industry trends and business practices. Industry News provides you the tools to help you build your business.
- Legal Action – Our strong legal defense action program; with funds available at the Local, State and National levels, work to protect builders from unreasonable barriers and constraints to construction.
- Regulatory Assistance – We work with the administration and legislature in the development of regulations, codes and standards that make common sense and make housing available.
- Special Interest Groups – Join your peers in a Council, Committee or Legislative Task Force and attend events that address your specific industry interests.
- Member Only Website – www.biagv.org. Log onto the BIA of the Greater Valley website and find the latest industry news, legislative and regulatory updates, industry studies and reports, event calendar, plus information on your membership benefits and services. Also, log onto www.cbia.org and www.nahb.com for State and National industry information.
WHAT IS THE CBIA?
Recognized as our state legislative arm, the California Building Industry Association represents over 6,000 member companies. CBIA’s experienced team of lobbyists in Sacramento work-year round to advocate legislative reform and regulatory relief. CBIA publications help you to stay informed and on top of industry trends while the Monday Morning Report provides a weekly update on legislative issues.
CBIA provides technical and educational service throughput the year and sponsors the Pacific Coast Builders Conference (PCBC) attracting thousands from the 14 western states to San Francisco for three days of comprehensive educational sessions and 400+ exhibits.
WHAT IS NAHB?
Houses in Washington DC, the National Association of Home Builders are recognized as one of the nation’s largest and most influential trade associations. Members total over 200,000 throughout NAHB’s network of 800 local and state chapters. NAHB impacts legislation and regulation; provides access to valuable industry news and trends; and offers legal assistance and educational opportunities.
Voluntary Affirmative Marketing Agreement – BIA of the Greater Valley supports the Voluntary Affirmative Marketing Agreement (VAMA) between the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), and encourages all builder members to become signatroy to the Agreement. The purpose of the agreement is to advace fair housing for all and to provide fair housing for all through programs of affirmative marketing, outreach and education. The goal of HUD, NAHB and BIA of the Greater Valley in implementing this agreement is to affirmatively further fair housing through voluntary efforts that result in the provision of equal housing opportunity to all home seekers regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. Participating builders proudly display the Equal Housing Opportunity Logo in their advertising and model homes.
Membership dues break down monthly to less than what you might spend on lunch. One positive business contact made at an event, information gained from one education seminars, or moneys saved on a member discounted program can easily pay for your membership dues.
More importantly, if you live, work or generate your income from the residential construction industry in Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tuolumne Counties your involvement and support are critical to addressing the pressing issues impacting your livelihood. As a BIA of the Greater Valley member you can meet these challenges.
Membership Doesn’t Cost, It Pays! Put “YOUR” Membership to Work
Membership Benefits – 3 in 1 Membership
- Local Level
- State Level
- National Level
- 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty: New Home Warranty Discount
- Ames Grenz Insurance Services: Dental, Medical & Vision Benefits
- BDX, Builders Digital Experience: List Communities/Homes for Free
- BIA Rewards Platinum Visa
- CHF|CIRB report: A comprehensive summary of construction permit data for California: 20% Discount
- GM New Vehicle Purchase: $500 Discount
- HBPP: Home Building Purchasing Program & Discounts
- HUD/VAMA Agreement
- Industry Related Legal Advise
- NAHB Member Advantage Programs & Discounts
- Oak Valley Community Bank: Special Business & Personal Banking Offer
- Real Estate Economics: Web-Based Residential Market Research & Consulting Firm: 10% Discount
- State Compensation Insurance Fund
Councils, Committees, Information
- AMC: Associate Member Council
- BIPAC: Building Industry Political Action Committee
- Building Permit Lists
- CBIA Legislative Committee
- BIA (Local), CBIA (State), NAHB (National) Publications
- Event Committee
- Events, Government Relations, Membership Updates
- Legislative Task Force Committees
- Membership Committee
- Member Showcase: Showcase Company info to BIAGV Members
- Websites: BIA, CBIA, NAHB
Events – Network with Members of the Building Community
- Builders Round Table Breakfast
- CBIA Pacific Coast Building Conference (PCBC)
- Seafood Fest
- Economic Forecast
- General Membership Meeting/Installation of Officers
- Golf Classic
- Holiday Social/Toys for Tots Drive
- NAHB International Builder Show (IBS)
- Networking Mixers (Free to Members)
- PASS Breakfast: Purchasing Agents, Subcontractors, Suppliers
- Salute to Policy Makers: San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties
- Speed Networking w/Builders