Frequently Asked Questions
When you join BIA of the Greater Valley, you automatically become a member of the California Building Industry Association (CBIA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), a 3-in-1 membership.
WHAT IS CBIA?
Recognized as our state legislative arm, the California Building Industry Association represents over 6,000 member companies. CBIA’s experienced team of lobbyists in Sacramento work-year round to advocate legislative reform and regulatory relief. CBIA publications help you to stay informed and on top of industry trends while the Monday Morning Report provides a weekly update on legislative issues.
CBIA provides technical and educational service throughput the year and sponsors the Pacific Coast Builders Conference (PCBC) attracting thousands from the 14 western states to San Francisco for three days of comprehensive educational sessions and 400+ exhibits.
WHAT IS NAHB?
Houses in Washington DC, the National Association of Home Builders are recognized as one of the nation’s largest and most influential trade associations. Members total over 200,000 throughout NAHB’s network of 800 local and state chapters. NAHB impacts legislation and regulation; provides access to valuable industry news and trends; and offers legal assistance and educational opportunities.
Voluntary Affirmative Marketing Agreement – BIA of the Greater Valley supports the Voluntary Affirmative Marketing Agreement (VAMA) between the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), and encourages all builder members to become signatroy to the Agreement. The purpose of the agreement is to advace fair housing for all and to provide fair housing for all through programs of affirmative marketing, outreach and education. The goal of HUD, NAHB and BIA of the Greater Valley in implementing this agreement is to affirmatively further fair housing through voluntary efforts that result in the provision of equal housing opportunity to all home seekers regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. Participating builders proudly display the Equal Housing Opportunity Logo in their advertising and model homes.
Membership dues break down monthly to less than what you might spend on lunch. One positive business contact made at an event, information gained from one education seminars, or moneys saved on a member discounted program can easily pay for your membership dues.
More importantly, if you live, work or generate your income from the residential construction industry in Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tuolumne Counties your involvement and support are critical to addressing the pressing issues impacting your livelihood. As a BIA of the Greater Valley member you can meet these challenges.
Membership Doesn’t Cost, It Pays! Put “YOUR” Membership to Work
BIA of the Greater Valley Membership Benefits – 3 in 1 Membership
- Local Level
- State Level
- National Level
- 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty: New Home Warranty Discount (NEW Builder Members and Realtors).
- Aflac: Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Ames Grenz Insurance Services: Dental, Medical & Vision Benefits
- BDX, Builders Digital Experience: List Communities/Homes for Free
- CBIA Workers Compensation Group Program
- CIRB Report: A Comprehensive Summary of Construction Permit Data for California: 20% Discount
- GM New Vehicle Purchase: $500 Discount
- HBPP: Home Building Purchasing Program & Discounts
- HUD/VAMA Agreement
- Industry Related Legal Advise
- NAHB Member Advantage Programs & Discounts – www.nahb.org/ma
- Oak Valley Community Bank: Special Business & Personal Banking Offer
- Real Estate Economics: Web-Based Residential Market Research & Consulting Firm: 10% Discount
Councils, Committees, Information
- AMC: Associate Member Council
- BIAGV San Joaquin Political Action Committee
- BIAGV Stanislaus Political Action Committee
- Building Permit Lists
- CBIA Legislative Committee
- BIA (Local), CBIA (State), NAHB (National) Publications
- Event Committee
- Events, Government Relations, Membership Updates
- Legislative Task Force Committees
- Membership Committee
- Member Showcase: Showcase Company info to BIAGV Members
- Websites: BIA GV, CBIA, NAHB
Events – Network with Members of the Building Community
- Builders Round Table Breakfast
- CBIA Pacific Coast Building Conference (PCBC)
- Crab Feed
- Economic Summit
- General Membership Meeting/Installation of Officers
- Golf Classic
- Holiday Social/Salvation Army Drive
- NAHB International Builder Show (IBS)
- Networking Mixers (Free to Members)
- Salute to Policy Makers: San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties