Top 10 Reasons to Join BIA GV
When you join BIA of the Greater Valley, you automatically become a member of the California Building Industry Association (CBIA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), a 3-in-1 membership. Your Local, State, and National memberships provide you many valuable benefits and services, including:
1. Advertising/Marketing – Our members do business with members. Expand your business; network at meetings and events by showcasing your company. Inclusion in the BIA of the Greater Valley is truly the “Yellow Pages” of the industry.
2. Advocacy – We give you a stronger voice by representing your interests at the Local, State, and National levels of government. Our lobbyists work year-round in Washington D. C., Sacramento and your community to promote the home building industry and to protect your livelihood.
3. Business Savings – Get the Member’s Advantage discount from your Local, State and National associations on insurance programs and other business services.
4. Education – Keep informed about legal and regulatory compliance issues that set you apart from the competition with our seminars, professional designation programs, tradeshows, educational sessions and informative meetings.
5. Expert Knowledge – Take advantage of product research, building code information, economic data, with access to topics relating to the building industry. Make our team your team.
6. Industry News – Local, State and National industry publications will keep you up to date on legislative issues, events, industry trends and business practices. Industry News provides you the tools to help you build your business.
7. Legal Action – Our strong legal defense action program; with funds available at the Local, State and National levels, work to protect builders from unreasonable barriers and constraints to construction.
8. Regulatory Assistance – We work with the administration and legislature in the development of regulations, codes and standards that make common sense and make housing available.
9. Special Interest Groups – Join your peers in a Council, Committee or Legislative Task Force and attend events that address your specific industry interests.
10. Member Only Website – www.omt.cf4.myftpupload.com; Log onto the BIA of the Greater Valley website and find the latest industry news, legislative and regulatory updates, industry studies and reports, event calendar, plus information on your membership benefits and services. Also, log onto www.cbia.org and www.nahb.com for State and National industry information.